11 March 2007

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

...and thanks for the Contributor invite. I'm Katie (aka Miss Me), working parent of two sons. I currently work as a civil servant, but am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I knit, sew, cross stitch, occassionally make jewellery, and will try just about any craft once. I started knitting as a teenager. I babysat a lot and needed something to do after the kids were in bed and my homework was done. Considering that I babysat the kids next door, I couldn't pursue the stereotypical babysitter activities - my mom would have killed me!

I love "Law & Order" and always have, much to my husband's dismay. It's a bit of a joke, but not really, that my television watching motto is "All crime, all the time". Aside from L&O, I'm a big fan of "Criminal Intent" and I have "Numb3rs"on in the background... My own personal theory is that all of us knitters are truly geeks at heart (sorry everyone, but I do think that it is true!) who absolutely love both numbers and repeating patterns.

What's on my needles these days? Uhm - everything... Not literally, but close. A couple of pairs of socks, a few sweaters, the Lizard Ridge afghan (8 blocks to go!) and a variety of other UFOs that may eventually become FOs.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Welcome Miss Me/Katie (great moniker!). Not sure how you have the time to work on so many projects with 2 kids and a job!

I don't disagree with the knitter/geek connection - but then I'm proud to be a geek if that's the case. There is also a strong correllation for me between being interested in knitting and working in the legal profession (picky, repetitive).

I just started knitting socks today for the first time! Will likely post the pair once it is finished.
Regards,

Kristina

Tiger said...

Hi Kristina .It's me Notsaying Aka my site nick.lol
Sorry I never posted after joining alot has happened since .lol

do you or anyone else have sugests on how to start a crochet scarf.?

Mom of Many Dogs said...

I see that you have been checking out my blog (life with my four-legged friends) and I really appreciate your taking time to read my stories. Maybe I can stay in touch better. Thanks again.